International students have a great opportunity to study for one semester in one of the best universities of Kazakhstan and acquaint with the Central Asian culture, visit the exhibition of international scope, and to see the best beauty of the steppe, mountain and forest landscape within the same country. Become a part of our close-knit family, participate in the academic mobility program!
Facts about KAZGUU
- The University was founded in 1994 by the Decree of the President N.A. Nazarbayev.
- Undergraduate Programmes of the Higher School of Economics: Finance (BSc) and Accounting and Audit (BSc) are an ACCA accredited programmes.
- The M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University team has entered the top 100 team-winners of the most prestigious Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington DC, USA, in March 2016.
- The University currently has 300 highly-qualified teaching staff such as Ph.D doctors, doctor of science, associate professors and international faculty members.
- There are about 6 000 students and 15 youth organizations that build the most active and vibrant student life.
- The University constructed a courtroom with an exact copy of the original hall, where students can directly study the lawsuit for educational and practical purposes. There are also rooms for forensics, ballistics and fingerprinting lab, and forensic polygon.
- KAZGUU Legal Clinic provides the future Law School students with the wide range hands-on experience.
- M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University offers fitness center for students use.
- KAZGUU Library is a home to significant local and international collections for research. It supports access to digital resources for faculty and students learning.
- M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University hosts lectures and workshops by bringing together the leading experts and practitioners such as Top Managers from local and international organizations, ambassadors, and the leaders of culture and art.
- KAZGUU Academic Diplomatic Club is one of the unique clubs in Kazakhstan that hosts the accredited diplomats in the Republic of Kazakhstan to share their experience.
- M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University offers a number of dual degree programs, international internships and international academic mobility.
Academic mobility programme
To participate in academic mobility student must:
- to be nominated on behalf of their University until July 1 (for the fall semester) and December 1 (for the summer semester) of each academic year;
- provide a transcript of the current GPA;
- confirm the level of English language by a certificate or official letter of the sending University.
Necessary criteria for participation:
- GPA (from 2,7);
- The level of English – B1-B2, or Russian B1-B2, or Kazakh B1-B2.
- M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University offers Academic Mobility programme for international students to study tuition free programme.
- In addition, the University provides the international students with free accommodation located next to the campus.
- The International Office provides full support and advice on the preparation of documents for the arrival and transfer to the University.
- Student Support Center will help integrate into student life at the University and get acquainted with student organizations – Student Press Center KAZGUU TIMES, charitable organization Zhan Shuak, Poetic Club Sezim, Debate Club Horde, Business incubator, KVN team, musical group VIA KAZGUU, folk instruments ensemble Zhas Oren and the Football League.
- Schools Advisors will advise on the composition of the academic disciplines.
If you have any questions you can contact the coordinator of the academic mobility programme
+7 (7172) 70 30 30
List of enrollment documents
- The applicants submit to the admission board of M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University an application for admission addressed to the Rector (in accordance with Appendix 4 to the Rules of admission). There also must be a document of general secondary, technical and vocational or higher education (the original document/certificate with supplement), 6 photographs in the size 3×4, medical certificate form 086 (enclose fluorographic photo), original and copy of identity card or passport, original and copy of the certificate of birth (if under age of 18), a copy of the registration certificate or military ID (for young men entering the full-time department).
- If the enrollee is under 16, he/she must submit a verification letter from school with photo and a birth certificate.
- Persons, entering the fee-paying department, also conclude an agreement on the refundable provision of the established form of educational services.
- Admission of foreign citizens to study in higher educational institutions on a paid basis is carried out according to results of an interview with a representative of the University.
- The right to receive free higher education on a competitive basis by foreigners in accordance with state educational order is determined by international treaties of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Documents submitted in a foreign language must be accompanied by notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian language.
- Education documents issued by foreign education institutions pass nostrification procedure in the manner established by law after the admission of persons during the first semester.
International students are free to contact us:
M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University cordially invites you to become a part of our big family!
For language training inquiries:
+7 (7172) 70 30 30
Adress: Astana, 8 Korgalzhin highway, room 218.