The application process for KAZGUU University Bachelor’s programmes starts with the applicant’s submitting an application form, provided that the applicant meets the requirements regarding the scores in the Unified National Testing and English language proficiency as follows:
1. for secondary school graduates who have graduated in the current academic year – based on the results of the Unified National Testing (UNT), with minimum score requirements in particular subject sections of UNT. See admission requirements below:
Admission requirements for applicants for second higher education degree programmes (distance education)
2. for secondary school graduates who graduated one or more years ago, as well as college graduates applying for full-length full-time programmes – based on the results of Comprehensive Testing (CT).
3. for college graduates applying for shortened full-time programmes in Jurisprudence (only for graduates with diplomas in related subjects, in accordance with the national classifier) – based on Comprehensive Testing (CT) scores.
4. for all applicants who apply for all full-time bachelor’s programmes – based on the scores in the KAZGUU English Placement Test (more details here). The test costs 5 000 KZT*
5. for college graduates applying for shortened distance-learning programmes with diplomas in related subjects, in accordance with the national classifier.
* All applicants willing to continue their education in a Bachelor’s programme (134-136 credits) must have Pre-Intermediate level English proficiency at the time of applying (this does not apply to applicants to programmes in Jurisprudence and Law Enforcement).
If English proficiency level is below the requirement, the applicant must enrol on the KAZGUU University Pre-sessional Foundation programme in order to raise their proficiency level through an intensive language course and master the pre-sessional 1 and pre-sessional programmes (see infographic).
1 June – 20 June 2018 Registration for Comprehensive Testing
20 June – 1 July 2018 Unified National Testing administered
17 July – 23 July 2018 Comprehensive Testing administered
23 July – 31 July 2018 Application for the State Education Scholarship
1 – 8 August 2018 Registration for Comprehensive Testing
19 – 24 August 2019 Comprehensive Testing administered
5 – 12 January 2018 Registration for Comprehensive Testing
20 – 24 January 2018 Comprehensive Testing administered
10 – 28 August 2018 Admission Board and Enrolment
1 July – 20 August 2017 Language proficiency testing
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
– secondary education certificate (with transcript), secondary vocational education diploma, or higher education degree certificate (with transcript);
– 6 photos (size 3 × 4 cm)
– medical certificate form 086-U (with a chest X-ray), a copy of the vaccination card;
– UNT / CT certificate;
– certificate of award of an educational scholarship (if applicable);
– the original and a copy of the national identity card (the original and a copy of the birth certificate if the applicant is younger than 18 years old);
– a copy of the military registration card / certificate for men applying for the full-time programmes.