The 2012 QS World University Rankings placed Leicester at the eighth place in the UK on the citation index. In 2016 the University took the 24th place in The Complete University Guide ranking.
On 29 January 2015, KAZGUU University and the University of Leicester signed a bilateral cooperation agreement. As part of the agreement, a funding application for Erasmus + academic mobility programmes was prepared. This application was approved by the European Union.
KAZGUU students will have a great opportunity to visit the city of Leicester, located in the heart of the UK and study for 1 semester at the University of Leicester. The academic mobility programme will be operational from January 2017.
All the tuition and accommodation costs are covered by the Erasmus + programme.
Outgoing mobility for KAZGUU University will run as follows:
- within 2 years, 10 students will have an opportunity to spend one semester at the University of Leicester;
- 2 staff members will be able to do a one-month internship at the University of Leicester.
- 3 PhD students will be hosted by KAZGUU for 3 months;
- 4 teachers from the University of Leicester will come to our university to teach for a period of 1 month;
- 1 member of the administrative staff will be hosted by KAZGUU for professional development courses.