The next General meeting of the League have held in Astana city on a basis of the M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University where the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Civil Service Affairs and Anti-Corruption, by unanimous decision of all the members of the League, was given a status of “Associate Member of the League of Academic Integrity”.
The participation of the Agency in the League’s activities will make it possible to develop joint decisions on prevention of manifestations of academic dishonesty in organizations – members of the League and exchange information on academic dishonesty among higher educational institutions at institutional level.
“As a part of its activities, the Agency is trying to identify facts of corruption in organizations of higher and postgraduate education in Kazakhstan, and we are confident that cooperation with the League of Academic Honesty will help to do this more effectively, as well as build a system of trust between universities and the Agency,” said Olzhas Bektenov, Deputy Chairman of the Agency for Civil Service Affairs and Anti-Corruption RK.
In addition, at the General Assembly of the League, Turnitin, the leading system for combating plagiarism, presented advantages of this system over other systems. More than 15,000 higher education institutions in the World, including Ivy League universities in the United States and Russell Groups in the UK, and more than 60 million students are connected to the Turnitin system.
The League of Academic Integrity realizes its goals by promoting principles of Academic Integrity, ensuring mandatory verification of all students’ written work for plagiarism, introducing fair and objective standards for assessing learning outcomes, ensuring transparency in educational organizations management.
Today 12 higher educational institutions of Kazakhstan are members of the League:
1. Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2. M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University;
3. Almaty Management University;
4. West Kazakhstan State Medical University named after Marat Ospanov;
5. Kazakh National Research Technical University named after Kanysh Satpayev;
6. Kazakh National Medical University named after S. Asfendiyarov;
7. Kazakh British Technical University;
8. Karaganda State Medical University;
9. International IT University;
10. North Kazakhstan State University named after M. Kozybayev;
11. University named after Sulaiman Demirel;
12. University of International Business.
League of Academic Integrity (Akademiialyq Adaldyq Ligasy) is a voluntary association of higher education institutions in Kazakhstan, whose mission is to improve the quality of education through an introduction of principles and standards of Academic Integrity