On March 3, 2020, a meeting of the Republican Educational and Methodological Board of Higher and Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan was held, in which T.M. Narikbayev, Chairman of the AMA in ‘Law’, S.G. Pen, Deputy Chairman of the AMA in ‘Law’, Zh.G. Kalisheva, Administrator of AMA PMT, took part. The meeting’s agenda was intensive and included the following issues:
1. M.A. Skiba, Advisor to the Rector of Narxoz University, made a presentation on the activities of AMA – PMT in ‘Business and Management’;
2. On the activities of AMA – PMT in ‘Liberal Arts’ (Al-Farabi Kazakh National University);
3. On the activities of AMA – PMT in ‘Information and Communication Technologies’ (R.K. Uskenbayeva – Rector of the IT International University);
4. Discussion of the draft table of concordance in related areas of preparation for admission to the Master’s and PhD programs (A.B. Zhumabekova – Head of the Government Order Management at the Department of Higher and Postgraduate Education);
5. Discussion of issues of amendments and addenda to the Classifier of the training programs of higher and postgraduate education;
As part of the discussion of the issues and the presentations of speakers, attention was drawn to several important aspects, in particular:
1. Development of educational programs and their updating taking into account the recommendations of employers and professional standards posted on the website of ‘Atameken’ NCE.
2. Accreditation of educational programs by professional communities
3. Professional certification
4. Development of the graduate’s competency model
5. General learning outcomes by level – undergraduate, graduate, PhD
6. Minor educational programs, including a set of courses in order to build additional competencies of students.
7. Textbooks – a new approach to their content and provision of new courses with textbooks
8. Conducting an integrative test for Master’s program applicants in computer format
9. Suggestions for the Classifier of the training programs of higher and postgraduate education.
Thus, in particular, the ‘Customs’ major program, which, according to the Classifier of the training programs of the higher and postgraduate education belonged to the ‘Law’ direction, has been transferred to ‘Business and Management’ by the Republican Educational and Methodological Board. It should be noted that earlier in 2018, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University, as a basic university of AMA in ‘Law’, proposed to reconsider the ‘Customs’ program in the Classifier.