In the history of the M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University, from 1994 to 2015, our university changed the registration form several times, and accordingly, its official name.
In February of the current year, it has been 2 years since the last state re-registration and since then, the correct name of the university is as follows – Joint-Stock Company ‘M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University‘(JSC ‘M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University’)
In short, it is used as follows:
- Университет КАЗГЮУ имени М.С. Нарикбаева
- M.S. Narikbaev atyndaǵy KAZGUU Universiteti
- M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
It is important to note that ‘KAZGUU’ is an abbreviation for ‘Kazakh Humanitarian Law University’, which reflects the old name of the university.
Please pay special attention that there is no abbreviation for ‘KAZGUU’ in Russian and Kazakh languages.
The simplified name is closely related to the previous name and takes the best from it. The new name meets the time requirements: the ability to promote on the international market, ease of pronunciation, the same sounding in all languages.
KAZGUU brand book and logo formats for downloading: [PDF,PNG,Corel Draw]
KAZGUU University presentation
The Marketing Strategy is created cooperatively by the Department’s marketing managers and exists to advance the University’s goals and purposes by supporting the Corporate Strategy, the Business Plans of the Directors of Schools and the aspirations of applicants and partner organisations. The plan has been devised to increase awareness of the university, to increase understanding of the university and to increase engagement with the university by meeting the following main objectives:
- strive to ensure that the University is recognised fully for the quality of its delivery and services in local, national and international markets
- enhance the University’s reputation by managing its visual identity, key marketing messages and brand recognition consistently across all platforms to all potential stakeholders
- continue to strengthen recruitment by promoting the University’s portfolio and encouraging applications to all undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programmes
- act as advocates for the University’s widening participation agenda, underpinning the University’s access agreement through activities and campaigns that encourage applications from key groups
- serve as an exemplar for promotional activity across the institution , setting standards, and supporting with advice, guidelines and co-operation
- make evidence-based decisions underpinned by comprehensive qualitative and quantitative market research
- manage change by being responsive to changes in markets and market conditions, and underpin all marketing plans and activities with a strong evidence base
- ensure that we are market-informed, rather than simply market-led
- systematically evaluate all marketing activity through reviews, feedback, scoping activities, data analysis, management information, surveys, web analytics and other diagnostic tools
- be proactive in providing internal colleagues with a wide range of market intelligence and market support
- offer advice and background research and evidence to reinforce portfolio management
- keep the University community informed of sector trends, current marketing thinking and promotional and customer relationship campaigns
- develop and undertake sustained relationship management campaigns (both traditional and digital) with applicants, potential applicants and partner institutions that encourage applications and convert applicants into students
- build on our relationship with our alumni to ensure that they remain strong advocates for the University as well as encouraging progression onto postgraduate and CPD programmes
- provide a website, marketing materials, promotional campaigns and events that encourage target audiences to engage with the University and the University’s brand identity and values
Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions undertake the marketing and communications effort using both traditional and new marketing practices, employing creative thinking, with a commitment to long term implementation, and providing a seamless client experience as well as a systemic link to the University’s planning efforts.
We employ a tone that is welcoming, confident, co-operative, engaging and inclusive. In keeping with the ethos of the University, we also have an approach that supports and guides our prospects and applicants through the application cycle. We do not employ a sales-driven approach since this would not be appropriate to the nature of our business.
The output of all MRA recruitment and outreach work focuses on developing and adhering to a set of core messages that address the issues pertinent to prospective students while, at the same time, differentiating KAZGUU University from other universities.
The core messages that we integrate across our entire communications mix are as follows:
- the benefits of a university experience
- demonstration of the aspects of our product that adds value to the student experience
- an emphasis on the benefits that augment our courses and support services that enable our students to enhance their employability prospects
- presentation of the unique aspects of the University’s delivery (differentiation)
- value for money, with an advice driven approach as to the affordability of a University education
With these core messages in mind, there is also an emphasis on demonstrating what the University experience is really like. In order to aid conversion and retention, it is important that we provide a means to make this whole experience more tangible and present a true and accurate representation of this experience.
Our core messages also emphasize personalization, and focus on how KAZGUU University gives our students the freedom and support to develop as individuals, enabling them to shape themselves into truly unique graduates that stand out in a fierce graduate job market.
An integrated marketing approach has been adopted in order to provide consistency across all marketing and recruitment channels, allowing the flexibility needed to keep up with the changing marketing landscape, and using the following integrated mix:
- web-based collateral
- print-based collateral
- annual campaigns
- photo library
- social networking
- digital marketing
- media advertising
- Our personal interactions with stakeholders (customer service)
Our CRM strategy serves as the mainstay of the plan and articulates the nature and timing of market touch points, articulating our primary target audiences and when and how we engage with them. These include prospective students, parents, schools, colleges of further education, alumni, faculty and the wider University community. The CRM timetable identifies the order and manner in which stakeholders are contacted as well as the information/messages that underpin the contact points, and is made available as a detailed document. It includes:
- The identification and appropriate employment of integrated communication tools
- The creation and management of the web-based undergraduate Applicant Space and associated digital marketing campaign
- The creation and dissemination of the annual pre-applicant campaign
- Open Days
- Undergraduate Applicant Days
- Interview and audition days
- Social Media, using the most relevant social media tools, such as Instagram and Facebook, to open up communication avenues with a broad range of audiences
- Web content management, web guidelines, web and content management support
Market Research Underpinning
All marketing and recruitment plans and activities are market-research driven, which means that strategies are grounded in continuous renewal and improvement. Understanding and “taking the pulse” of individual target audiences allows us to present KAZGUU University brand in an authentic, consistent and distinct way and allows us to make evidence-based CRM decisions. Market research activity includes:
Benchmarking, Monitoring and Review
Plans are benchmarked and monitored through the use of:
- Identity Guidelines
- Web and other templates
- Prospectus templates
- A written CRM plan
- Photo library
- Statistical analyses
- provision of advice, help, guidance and support for all KAZGUU University colleagues on promotional opportunities, markets, events and activities
- The provision of advice, help, guidance, support and monitoring for KAZGUU University partners
Key Performance Indicators and targets
The Department’s Risk Register and table of Key Performance Indicators are updated each year in consultation with Departmental staff and have traditionally formed part of the Department’s annual business plan.
The process of creating and coordinating marketing material
1. Application from a department to @firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Creating a technical task that does not contradict the marketing strategy of the University
3. Coordination of technical task with the applicant
4. Coordination with the Vice CEO
5. Creating marketing material