Narikbayev Talgat Maksutovich – The Chairman of the Board
Talgat Narikbayev is a Chairman of the Board of the M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University (hereinafter – KAZGUU University) from June 2008 till present.
In 2007, Talgat Narikbayev began his career at KAZGUU University as a President. From April 2013 to June 2019, he occupied the position of a Rector of KAZGUU University.
Before starting his work at KAZGUU University, Talgat Narikbayev held various positions in government bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the National Security Committee (from 1999 to 2006). Besides, he was an Adviser to the Department of Europe and America of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
During that period, under the leadership of T. Narikbayev at the University, the following results have been achieved:
• KAZGUU University has become the first and only university in Kazakhstan to receive a certificate of international FIBAA accreditation without a single condition. The MBA program has received the “Gold Standard of Quality” (Premium Seal) from the same agency.
• KAZGUU University has been successfully accredited by the ACCA in the field of Finance, Accounting and Audit (ACCA is one of the largest international associations of accountants with more than 500,000 members), the CIMA in the field of Accounting and Audit, Finance, Economics and Management (CIMA is the International Institute of Management Accountants of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland), and by 7 modules under the ICAEW Accreditation Program (the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales).
• Since the end of the 90s, the Republic of Kazakhstan has been represented by the team of KAZGUU University in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, which is held in English in Washington (USA). Over the last 5 years, it has been among the TOP-100 winning teams, ahead of 700 teams from the leading foreign universities in 100 countries. In 2016, it entered the TOP-50 being ranked 49th in this competition. The organizer of the Law Moot Court Competition is ‘White & Case’, the International Law Firm.
• Over the years, the students of KAZGUU University have been the winners of the Republican Olympiads majoring in Jurisprudence and International Law.
• According to the National Report on the State and Development of the Education System of the Republic of Kazakhstan, on average, the employment of KAZGUU University graduates makes up 88%.
• KAZGUU University has led a consortium to implement the project of the World Bank and the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan on ‘Strengthening Forensic Investigation in the Republic of Kazakhstan’, which included King’s College London and Key Forensic Services (UK).
• Academic Diplomatic Club has been created at the University, the participants of which are ambassadors of foreign states and representative offices accredited in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In addition to his administrative functions at the university, Talgat Narikbayev carries out social activities and is a member of the Special Monitoring Group under the Anti-Corruption Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan (formerly the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Public Service and Anti-Corruption). Since 2019, he has been holding the position of Deputy Chairman of this Special Monitoring Group.
Since October 2018, he has been the Chairman of the General Meeting of the League of Academic Integrity (Adaldyq Ligasy), which includes 11 universities, as well as the Anti-Corruption Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Since July 2019, he has been appointed Head of the ADAL BILIM Project Office, whose mission is to create transparent business processes in the activities of all entities involved in the scientific and educational sector. This office has been created at the initiative of A. Aymagambetov, the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, who has been supported by A. Shpekbayev, the Chairman of the Anti-Corruption Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Since 2019, he is also a member of the Anti-Corruption Republican Public Council under the Nur Otan Party.
State and Ministerial awards: Lapel badge ‘NSC of Kazakhstan’ (2004), Gratitude of the Chairman of the NSC of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2005), Medal ‘10 years of Astana’ (2008), Commemorative Medal ‘20 Years of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan’(2012), Commemorative Medal ’20 Years to the Constitution of Kazakhstan’ (2015), Commemorative Medal ’25 Years to the Prosecution Service of the Republic of Kazakhstan’ (2016), Commemorative Medal ’20 Years of Astana’(2018), Medal for ‘Contribution to Strengthening Constitutional Legitimacy’ (2018), Medal for ‘Hard Work’ (2017), Medal from the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Public Service and Anti-Corruption for ‘Anti-Corruption Service’ (2019).
Date and Place of Birth: December 3rd, 1978, Almaty region, Koksu district, Balpyk bi village (Kirovsky village)
Education: Almaty State University named after Abai (2000), Academy of Foreign Intelligence of the Russian Federation (2004)
Pen Sergey — Provost (Rector)
Karaganda Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan named after Barimbek Beisenov, with honors (2001);
Academic honors, degrees, activities:
Candidate of Law (2007), Associate Professor (2011);
- 1. The Investigator at the Investigative Department of the Mikhailovsky police department of the DIA of Karaganda (2001-2002);
- 2. Lecturer, Department of Criminal Procedure, Karaganda Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan named after Barimbek Beisenov (2002-2007);
- 3. Associate Professor of the Department of state legal disciplines of the Karaganda Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan named after Barimbek Beisenov (2007-2010);
- 4. Dean of the Law Faculty of Karaganda University ‘Bolashak’ (2010-2012);
- 5. Expert of the Institute of Scientific Investigation and Analysis of KAZGUU (Scientific and anti-corruption evidentiary analysis of laws, statutory and regulatory enactments of central and local executive bodies) (2012-2015);
- 6. Expert of the Institute of the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2014-2015);
- 7. Expert of the Independent Kazakh Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (since 2014);
- 8. Head of the Department of Criminal Procedure Law and Criminalistics of the M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University (2012-2016);
- 9. Director of the KAZGUU Law School of the M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University (from 2016 – 2019)
- 10. Provost of M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University from 2019
- 1. Member of the International Association for the Promotion of Justice (from February 07, 2010);
- 2. Member of the Coordination Council under the Human Rights Commissioner in the Republic of Kazakhstan (12.2014-12.2016);
- 3. Member of the Kazakhstan Union of Lawyers (from 04.2015);
- 4. Member of the Legal Council at the PDP “Nur Otan” (from 04.2016);
- 5. Member of the Scientific Advisory Council at the Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan (from 04.2016);
- 1. Criminal procedure law of the Republic of Kazakhstan: progress of a criminal case. (General and special parts) Textbook / Under the general editorship of Doctor of Law, professor Kogamov M.Ch., PhD in Law Kasimova А.А. – KAZGUU, Zheti Zhargy 2013 – p. 1016. ISBN 978-601-288-064-9 (UDC 343);
- 2. View of place of occurrence: ‘The library of an investigator’ issue.Practical guide./ Under the general editorship of Т.М. Narikbayev. – Astana: KAZGUU, 2013 – p. 256. ISBN 978-601-80377-4-0 (UDC 343 (075));
- 3. The problems of differentiating the forms of pre-trial investigation under the draft of a new edition of the Criminal Procedure Code. // Materials of the alignment-meeting of the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan ‘Problematic issues and suggestions to improve supervision of the legality of the pre-litigation stage of criminal proceedings”, May 31, 2013 – p.33-37;
- 4. The modernization of the law enforcement system of the Republic of Kazakhstan// Materials of the International scientific-practical conference ‘Modernization of law enforcement agencies of Kazakhstan: key problems and solutions’ May 17, 2013. the city of Astana, KAZGUU. p.47-51 – 252. ISBN 978-601-80377-5-7;
- 5. The problems of differentiating the forms of pre-trial investigation and the business relations institute under the draft of a new edition of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan. // Materials of the conference ‘Constitutional and legal problems of criminal law and process’ 10/11/2013 (Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan);
- 6. Methodological recommendations to determine the child’s aggresiveness level and manifestations of cruelty and violence // Study guide for psychologists, educators and parents. MES RK. LLP «KAZGUU Consulting», Astana, 2013. p. 205. ISBN 9965-694-83-4 (UDC 616.89-008.444.9);
- 7. A collection of sheets and samples of documents for pre-trial criminal proceedings Electronic edition Practical training material. KAZGUU, Astana – 2015.
- 8. Sociological aspects of criminal proceedings // Law and state. №1(62), 2014. p.89-92;
- 9. T-skills in the educational process – Methods of making presentations // Scientific-practical conference ‘New ways of legal education development in the Republic of Kazakhstan in the light of the higher and postgraduate education modernization’ Karaganda Economic University of Kazpotrebsoyuz, Karaganda, 2014, p. 4, ISBN 6-1981-1611-0
- 10. The cooperation agreement is an important novel of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan 07.07.2014//
- 11. The collection of materials of the International Round Table ‘Modern problems of forensic science’, dedicated to the 60th anniversary of K.V. Kim, Candidate of Law, Professor of the Department of Criminal Procedure Law and Criminology of KAZGUU January 23, 2015. Astana: LLP ‘KAZGUU Consulting’, 2015. – p. 266. ISBN 978-601-7538-09-5
- 12. Anti-Trafficking in the Commonwealth of Independent States: The Main Areas and Mechanism of International Cooperation // Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences MCSER Publishing, Rome-Italy, Vol 6 No 3 S1, May 2015, p.p.94-101 (ISSN 2039-2117 (online), ISSN 2039-9340
List of publications (abstract):
Galymzhan Kudaibergenov – First Deputy Chairman of the Board of M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
Date and Place of Birth: February 26, 1979; Kyzylorda
Marital Status, Family Ties:
Spouse: Altynbekova Maral Mukhitovna;
Son: Kudaibergenov Kasymzhomart Galymzhanuly;
Son: Kudaibergenov Sultanali Galymzhanuly;
Son: Kudaibergenov Adilbek Galymzhanuly;
Son: Kudaibergenov Nurali Galymzhanuly;
Languages: English, Russian
Education, Major (Qualification), Licenses:
Kazakh State Law University (1996-2000), Jurisprudence.
Kazakh Humanitarian Law University (2003-2005), Finance
Places of Employment:
• Lecturer, Deputy Dean.
• After moving the head office of KAZGUU from Almaty to the capital, he worked as an Assistant of the Rector.
• Head of the Organizational Control and Human Resourcing Department(2004).
• Vice-Rector for Intellectual Development and Social Adaptation, Deputy Director of the Institute of Scientific Investigation and Analysis (2008 – 2011).
• Deputy Chairman of the Board (2011 – till present).
State and International Awards, Honorary Titles:
• Gratitude of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2006);
• Awarded with the Anniversary Medal ’10 Years to Astana’ (2008);
Other Positions, including Public ones:
Anniversary Medal ‘15 years to KAZGUU’ (2009).
Military Service, Titles:
Lieutenant of the reserve.
Mukhamedzhan Yerbolat Amangeldiuly – Deputy Chairman of the Board of KAZGUU
Education, Major (Qualification), Licenses:
2006 – 2010 T.Ryskulov Kazakh Economic University, Majoring in ‘Economics and Business’.
2010-2012 T.Ryskulov Kazakh Economic University, Master of Economics
Courses of the Educational Module:
Completed the training course at the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Completed the training course at the School of Political Management under the ‘Nur-Otan’ party.
Completed the training course at Bloomberg TV (Hong Kong)
Completed the training course at Bloomberg TV (London)
State and International Awards, Honorary Titles:
Winner of the State Youth Award ‘Daryn’.
Places of Employment:
- •Managing Director, JSC ‘Information and Analytical Center’, MES RK
- Director of Department for Media and Population Relations, JSC ‘Information and Analytical Center’, MES RK
- Adviser to the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- ‘Atameken Business’ Media Holding/ Deputy General Producer
- Author and presenter of ‘Basty takyryp’ program
- Author and presenter of the program “STOCK EXCHANGE with Yerbolat Mukhamedzhan
- Municipal state institution ‘Youth Resource Center of the Urjar district’ of the Urjar district Akimat. Director
- State institution ‘Office of the Akim of Urjar district’. The Department of Internal Policy. Chief Executive Officer.
- Support Center for Entrepreneurs of the Urjar district branch of the Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the East Kazakhstan region. Consultant-Manager.
- State institution ‘Office of the Akim of Urjar district’. Adviser to the Akim of Urjar district (freelance)
- JSC ‘RTRK Kazakhstan”, Astana. Author and Senior Editor of the news program ‘Economics’
- ‘KAZGUU’ JSC, Astana. Senior lecturer of the ‘Finance and Audit’ department
- Teaching and Research; Introduction of innovative learning technologies based on modern achievements in the field of higher education
- JSC ‘T. Ryskulov KazEU’, Almaty. Lecturer on ‘Innovative Business’ and ‘Business Economics’; Head of the mobile group. Teaching and trainings in the cities of Kazakhstan.
- Almaty Chamber of Commerce, Almaty. Director of the ‘Partner’ School of Entrepreneurship . Conducted trainings and master classes
- “Dana Zhol’ Center of Applied Economics’ LLP, Almaty. Economist-analyst.
- Developed economic long-term state modeling of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Krushinsky Maxim Alexeyevich – Head of Judicial Support Department
Date and Place of Birth: September 30, 1980; Karaganda
Marital Status: married.
Father – Krushinsky Alexey Alexeyevich, born in 1950;
Mother – Krushinskaya Antonina Valentinovna, born in 1957;
Sister – Krushinskaya – Trakhinina, born in 1976;
Spouse – Krushinskaya Yekaterina Viktorovna, born in 1982;
Son – Krushinsky Maxim Alexeyevich, born in 2010;
Daughter – Krushinskaya Alexandra Maximovna, born in 2013
Languages: Russian fluently, Kazakh and German with a dictionary.
Education, Major (Qualification), Licenses:
• —Kazakh State Law University, the city of Astana, Major: Jurisprudence, Qualification: Lawyer (1998-2002);
• —Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, the city of Astana, Qualification and Academic Degree: Master of Law (2002-2004).
Academic Honors, Degrees, Activities:
• Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, the city of Astana, Qualification and Academic Degree: Master of Law (2002-2004).
• Jurisprudence: criminal proceedings, criminal science and forensics, criminal intelligence
• Business administration: management, alternative management systems.
Places of Employment:
• September 30, 1998 – April 19, 2004 – the Karaganda Regional Children’s Psychoneurological Dispensary (security service).
• April 15, 2004 – September 1, 2004 – the Head of the Forensic Offices of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana;
• September 1, 2004 – September 1, 2005 – Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Head of the Forensic Offices, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana;
• September 1, 2005 – May 4, 2006 – Senior Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Head of the Forensic Offices, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana;
• May 4, 2006 – August 15, 2006 – Deputy Dean of the School of Extramural and Distance Studies, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana;
• September 1, 2006 – September 1, 2007 – Senior Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana;
• September 1, 2007 – September 1, 2008 – Deputy Head of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana;
• November 21, 2008 – May 18, 2009 – Head of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University, Astana;
• August 24, 2009 – July 03, 2010 – Head of Judicial Support Department, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, JSC ‘Kazakh Humanitarian Law University’;
• July 03, 2010 – January 05, 2015 – Head of Judicial Support Department, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University;
• January 05, 2015 till the present – Head of Judicial Support Department, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Criminal Proceedings and Criminal Science, Kazakh Humanitarian Law University
• Certificate of Appreciation from the Kazakh Humanitarian Law University;
• Letter of Acknowledgement for Active Participation in the Election Campaign of the ‘Adilet’ Democratic Party;
• 2 Anniversary KAZGUU Medals
Academic Papers, Literary Works, Publications:
• Article on philosophy on the topic: “The Coming of Lucifer or the Pseudo-Verus” in a publication of competitive essays on philosophy;
• Research Article on Forensics: “The Forensic Characteristics of Crimes Committed by Minors in a Group of Persons” in a Sourcebook of the International Scientific and Theoretical Conference ‘Rule-of-Law State. Problems and Prospects.’ Astana, 2002;
• Research Article on Criminal Proceedings on ‘The Strategies of Competent Defence” in a Sourcebook of L.N. Gumilyov ENU;
• Research Article on Forensics on ‘Moral Principles of Tactical Options’ in a Sourcebook of Graduate Students “Theoretical Problems of the Legal System Development in the Republic of Kazakhstan at the Present Stage”;
• Research Article on Forensics: ‘The mechanism of Crime’ in a Sourcebook of Young Researchers ‘Modern Problems of Criminal and Legal Research’;
• Participation in the International Scientific and Theoretical Conference in 2002, in the Scientific and Practical Conference of L.N. Gumilyov ENU ‘If he is a killer, why does he need a lawyer?’ Topic: ‘Tactics of Competent Defence’
Military Service, Titles:
Lieutenant of the reserve.
Bektibayeva Olga Sergeevnа – Dean of KAZGUU Law School(KLS)
- 2003 – school-gymnasium # 6 of Astana city (with honors)
- 2007 – Bachelor of Laws, Kazakh Humanities and Law University (now
– M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University), summa cum laude
- Fellow of a President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Scholarship
- 2009–Master of Science in Law, Kazakh Humanities and Law University (now – M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University), summa cum laude
- 2014 – PhD in Law, Kazakh Humanities and Law University (now – M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University), summa cum laude
- December 2019-present time – Director (Dean) of KAZGUU Law School, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- September 2018-December 2019 – Vice-Dean for Academic Issues of KAZGUU Law School, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- October 2016-December 2018 – Expert of the World Bank «Forensic Capacity Strengthening» project
- April 2016-September 2018 – Head of the Department of Criminal Procedure and Criminalistics of KAZGUU Law School, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- October 2013-March 2016 – Chief Researcher at the Research Institute for Criminal Procedure and Anti-Corruption, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- July 2012-October 2013 – Researcher at the Research Institute for Criminal Procedure and Anti-Corruption, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- May 2012-July 2012 – Head of the Department for Legal Support of Commercial Projects M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- July 2010-May 2012 – Senior Lawyer of the Legal Department, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- November 2009-July 2010 – Leading Lawyer of the Legal Department, M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
- April-July 2008 – Lawyer, LLP “Centre for Legal Research and Analysis”
- Courses “Contract Law” and “Tort Law” by professor Leon Erstad, “Erstad&Riemer” Legal Company, Minnesota, USA (certificate)
- Joint course of KAZGUU Business School and the Russian State University of Oil and Gas named after Gubkin (Moscow) “International oil and gas business and corporate governance”, “Project Management”, “Oil and gas risk management”, coach – PhD in Economics, professor of Russian State University of Oil and Gas Kraynova E. (certificate)
- Joint course “Human Rights and Criminal Proceedings” of KAZGUU University and Research Center for Human Rights in Criminal Proceedings (Passau University, Germany)
- Study course at University of Dundee (Scotland, UK) on Criminal Law and Procedure, included classes, trainings and seminars, work with legal databases and other sources and materials, discussions with leading scholars and practitioners in law, court visiting
- Judge of National rounds of Phillip Jessup Moot Court Competition
- Joint Training “Anti-Money Laundering in the Banking Sector: New Tools
and Best Practices”, arranged by OSCE and U.S. Embassy in Kazakhstan
- International Visitor Leadership Program of the US Department of State “Good governance and anti-corruption efforts” (USA, January 18 – February 10, 2015)
- Winner of the Ninth Central Asian Competition on International Humanitarian Law under the auspices of the International Committee of the Red Cross
- “KAZGUU Employee of the Year” (2012)
- “KAZGUU Badge of Honor”
- KAZGUU Medal “For Impeccable Work”
- Laureate of the competition on the best university publication in the field of law enforcement, nomination “The best publication on anti-corruption activities of the state” (for the textbook “Academic corruption in the universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan: corruption schemes and methods of counteraction” – co-authored)
- Literary Russian – perfect. Skills of editing texts in various styles
- Fluent English (IELTS 6,5 баллов)
- Kazakh – conversational level
- Basic knowledge of French
Participant of international, national and foreign research conferences and seminars
More than 30 domestic and foreing publications, including 1 monograph, on the topical legal issues of Kazakhstan in leading national and international journals
Expert of the Parliamentary Working Groups on the draft of the new edition of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the draft Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Anti-Corruption”
Member of the working group of the “Nur Otan” party on the draft Code of Honor for law enforcement officers
Saule Kemelbayeva – Dean of KAZGUU Higher School of Economics (HSE)
Higher School of Economics (faculty), M. Narikbayev KazGUU University, Nur-Sultan (Kazakhstan)
2020 – current
Contributing to the university’s and the faculty’s strategic development; leading, managing and devel- oping HSE’s academic, research and administrative activities; approving faculty hiring; budgeting and overseeing budget; participating in activities of HSE committees; participating in developing the univer- sity’s and the faculty’s academic rules and policies; contributing in developing academic programmes; developing a partnership with international and national academic communities, industry and a wider community.
Department of Economics, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne (UK) 2017 – 2019
Teaching Statistics and Econometrics courses, seminars and labs.
Higher School of Economics, KazGUU University, Astana (Kazakhstan) 2013 – 2016
Chair of Economics, Management and Tourism Department
Facilitating the undergraduate academic programmes in Economics, in Management and in Tourism Management; developing relevant plans and monitoring their implementation; conducting the annual performance review of faculty and staff and providing merit recommendations to the Dean; providing guide development of junior faculty in terms of promotion; representing the department to internal and external academic communities, alumni, business and international partners; developing and managing the department’s budget; participating in faculty and the HSE committee’s meetings.
National Tempus Office in Kazakhstan, Almaty (Kazakhstan) 2011 – 2013
Administrative Assistant, from Jul 2012 – part time
Maintaining and supporting the NTO website; preparing the workshops, training sessions, Informa- tion Days, and other events organized by the NTO; contributing to prepare the work plans and activ- ity/analytical reports; conducting the field visits to raise awareness about the Tempus and the Erasmus Mundus programmes among HEIs in Kazakhstan; carrying out the field monitoring visits for the ongo- ing Tempus projects; assisting the ongoing Tempus projects in their activities related to the projects’ implementation; assisting the potential applicants in proposal writing.
”National Business” Journal, Business Media Group, Almaty (Kazakhstan) 2010 – 2011
General Director Adviser (Deputy)
Editing the journal; planning and monitoring all operational activities; preparing the analytical publi- cations; participating in research projects; representing the company to business community and other stakeholders.
Kazpotrebsoyuz Karaganda University of Economics, Karaganda (Kazakhstan) 2008 – 2010
Director of Centre of International Programmes and Projects
Coordinating the university international projects such as Erasmus Mundus, Tempus and others; man- aging the dual degree and joint programmes with partner universities, academic and student exchange programmes.
Kazpotrebsoyuz Karaganda University of Economics, Karaganda (Kazakhstan) 2002 – 2008
Teaching fellow, lecturer
Teaching Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, International Economics; participating in research projects.
Newcastle University, United Kingdom
PhD in Economics, Bolashak International Scholarship
Thesis: Access and Returns to Education in Kazakhstan
Kazpotrebsoyuz Karaganda University of Economics, Kazakhstan
Candidate of Science in Economics (Economic Theory)
Thesis: Analysis of Personal Incomes’ Distribution in Kazakhstan
Kazpotrebsoyuz Karaganda University of Economics, Kazakhstan
Specialist, International Economics
Applied Microeconometrics, Causal Inference, Economics of Education, Labour Economics.
Articles in refereed journals
Returns to schooling in Kazakhstan: an update using a pseudo-panel approach. Eurasian Econ Rev (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40822-020-00148-z
”Kazakh higher education system in the context of competition from Chinese and Russian universities” (with Ikboljon Qoraboyev and Dilbar Gimranova), Academic integrity and internationalization: the proceedings of annual conference, Astana, 2018
”Does education matter? Evidence from the analysis of foreign-educated graduates” (with Olzhas Zhorayev and Marsel Mukhambetov), Academic integrity and internationalization: the proceedings of annual conference, Astana, 2018
Currently active working papers
”University Selectivity and Returns Premium: Evidence from Kazakhstan.”, first revision for Educa- tion Economics.
”Effects of raising higher education entrance requirements on enrolment, student quality, and their labour market returns: a country-level experiment.”
”Labour supply in Kazakhstan: some evidence from the EBRD ‘Life in Transition’ survey data.”
”University Selectivity and Returns Premium: Evidence from Kazakhstan”, 31st annual conference of the European Association of Labour Economists (EALE) in Uppsala, Sweden, 2019
”Towards taking an informed decision: do data tell us a reliable story about university rankings?”, Academic integrity and internationalization: the proceedings of annual conference, Astana, 2019
”The Returns to Schooling in Kazakhstan with a Pseudo – Panel Technique”, 25th Eurasia Business and Economics Society and Global Labor Organization Conference, Berlin, 2018 and “Reassessing Poverty
and Inequality: Theories, Representations and Approaches” Global Research Priorities on International Development Conference, University of Warwick, 2018.
”Machine Learning with R”, Newcastle University Business School, 2019
”Introduction to Structural Equation Modelling with IBM SPSS Amos”, Newcastle University Business School, 2019
”Globalisation and Labour Markets” 2nd CEPR/EBRD/Economics of Transition Symposium, EBRD, London, 2018
”Big Data Analysis and its Applications in Economics and Finance” 11th York Econometrics Sympo- sium, University of York, 2018
“Non-Linear Panel Data Models: Theory and Applications”, sponsored by Northern Advanced Re- search Training Initiative (NARTI), University of Leeds, 2018
“Economics Network GTA Workshop for postgraduate teaching assistants” sponsored by the Economics Network, Newcastle University Business School, 2017
“Learning and Teaching in Higher Education”, Newcastle University, 2017
Fellow Researcher, Erasmus Mundus Scholar, IDEGA Instituto de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Gali- cia, University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain), 2012-2013
Academic courses within Tempus project: International Economics I, International Economics II, Econometrics, University of Regensburg, Germany, 2008-2009
Ibraeva Anar Baurzhanovna – Dean of KAZGUU School of Liberal Arts (SLA)
Research interests: Institutional Research, CLIL in the Context of Multilingual Policy
Memberships: KAZTEA (Kazakhstani Teachers of English Association)
• Leiden University, the Netherlands 2019 (Erasmus+)
• Leiden University, the Netherlands 2017 (Erasmus+)
• Leiden University, the Netherlands 2016 (Erasmus+)
• Brunel University, London, UK (Bolashak Scholarship) 2013
• International College Kaplan, New-York, USA 2011
• Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej, Lublin, Poland 2003
• “Best Senior Teacher of KAZGUU University” within 2013-2014 academic year
• “Best teacher” award by Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan 2015
• A Letter of Appreciation from Rector of KazGUU for successful work and model job duties fulfillment
Uvalieva Bibigul Bogeyevna – Chief Accountant – Head of the Accounting Department
• In 2002 entered the Almaty University of Technology and Business.
• In 2006 graduated from the Kazakh Financial and Economic Institute with a degree in ‘Accounting and Audit’, was awarded the qualification of an economist.
• In 2016 received a certificate of Professional Accountant, Diploma in International Financial Accounting.
• In 2019-2021 entered the JSC ‘M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University’
– Master of Business Administration.
Work experience at JSC ‘M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University’:
• Materials Accountant – June 2010
• Accountant for debtors and creditors – 2011
• Accountant for fixed assets and inventories – 2015
• Head of Accounting Department – Chief Accountant – 2019 – present
• Certificate of Honor of the Kazakh Humanitarian Law University;
• Commemorative Medal of KAZGUU